consists of 60 minutes of instruction. Using our Teacher Guide, you will teach this and the material can be easily adjusted according to students’ age and/or grade levels. At the end of the building process, the students race their cars.
Students build the “4 in 1 LEGO car” as a Friction Car, Gravity Car, Push Car, and Pullback Motor Car.
- Simple Machines – Wheels, Axles, Incline Plane, Friction
- Integrated Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Interpreting Visual Instruction 2D to 3D
- Familiarize students with real life engineering concepts and vocabulary
- Build a model exemplifying use of wheels and axles
- Extrapolate this model to real world uses
- Students work in pairs using a pullback car kit.
- Utilizes 21st Century skills to teach S.T.E.M. concepts
- Classroom teacher must be present & parent volunteers are encouraged
- We provide training for your Instructor
- A room with space to build and compete is required. Flat tables or floors are appropriate for building, no sloped desks!
- A cafeteria, gymnasium, media center or a large class room with wide space or an adjacent hallway is preferred.
Suggested Grade Range: Pre-K thru 8th Grade
What do you get?